Festida Foods will work with customers to develop new products or improve existing products.
Samples will be produced using an agreed upon formula in batches of 400 lbs. Finished product from these batches will vary based on adjustments, performance of the equipment, and scrap.
R&D services are $500.00 per clock hour for line time and labor to set up the equipment, produce samples, and then clean the line as required. Additionally, customer will be invoiced for all raw materials and packaging at Festida’s delivered prices. A typical sample run requires 1.5 to 2 hours of time.
New Product Development Timeline
- Concept review and determination that Festida is capable of producing:
- Formula creation, budgetary price quote:
- Sourcing and receipt of raw materials (upon approval of formula and price quote.):
- Sample making:
- Upon approval of samples, packaging film and packing case size determination:
- Creation of nutritional panel and ingredient statement (Lab fee $150 per panel):
Final price quote:
8 to 9 weeks total development time with no revisions.
Customer is always responsible for creation of packaging graphics as well as print plate and cutting die charges, and any lab or certification fees associated with Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Kosher, etc.